Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

Default Deleting a paragraph between tables/merging two tables

If they have the same lateral dimensions & number of columns, they should go
back together quite easily.

Barring that... you can add rows to the end of the 1st table, then paste the
contents of the 2nd into those rows, and delete the 2nd table.

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
Author of the Word 2007 Bible

"i*sam" wrote in message
No. They were already set to none when I checked it. It is now just two
tables butted up against each other and I can't get them back together (I
never intentionally took them apart--was due to page breaks :-( )

"Herb Tyson [MVP]" wrote:

Right-click each table, choose Table Properties, and make sure that Text
wrapping is set to None (instead of Around) for both tables.

Does this now let them remarry?

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
Author of the Word 2007 Bible
Blog: http://word2007bible.herbtyson.com
Web: http://www.herbtyson.com

"i*sam" wrote in message
Well, that helped but did nto fix the problem...I converted the line
space
a table, then deleted that, which makes it look as if my table is
whole,
but
it is still being recognised as two tables.

"Marco Giorcelli" wrote:

Try this: go to view, normal. Then select the area that is splitting
your
tables, go to "table" menu, and choose "convert text to table".
Ciao
Marco

"i*sam" wrote:

I was able to delete the page breaks--it's the paragraph I can't
delete. I
changed my view to show all P's, and even if I highlight the P and
delete or
cut it, I can't get rid of it to make my table whole again...

"Marco Giorcelli" wrote:

Sam,
go to options, view. In the "formatting marks" select "all".
Now you should see the page breaks marks, you can cancel them and
doing so
your table should become one as before.
Ciao
Marco

"i*sam" wrote:

For some reason, perhaps when i put a page break on the wrong
spot,
my very
long table got split up. Now there are lines/paragraphs in
between
my table
and I can't delete them nor figure out how to re-merge the table
into ONE
table.

Help!