Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Can't view track changes

In the Tracking group of the Review tab, there's a dropdown called
"Show Markup," where you tell it to show Insertions and Deletions.
That, however, is supposed to be on whenever you open a document
containing tracked changes -- which suggests that the option to
override that is checked. It's buried so deeply in the Options that I
can't find it now!

On Sep 17, 12:46*pm, DannyP wrote:
In Word 2007 I can make track changes to a document and add comments.
However, when I save the document and open it again, I can't see the track
changes I have made, only the comments. I didn't think this was possible so I
am a little confused.

If I send the document to someone else they can view the changes and
comments normally. Also, if someone else sends me a document with track
changes, I can't view them either.

Any help would be much appreciated.