Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Glenna

Default How do I get rid of solid lines across my page?

Select the paragraphy above the line and in, Format|Borders and Shading,
choose None; or click the down arrow beside the Borders button the the toobar
and choose the last (No Border) option.

"Gene Ziegler" wrote:

If I type a series of dashes across my page and press return, a solid line
appears which can be useful to separate sections of text. But once these
lines are in place, they take on a life of their own and seem to be
indestructable. Can anyone tell me how to delete them?