jeff

Dear Dean,
Thank you so very much for solving the problem that has been plaguing us for
a long time. I know I have been through the view menu many times. I even
looked at the draw toolbar and never thought to click on "draw" to see more.
Since the draw toolbar was never checked (or visible) I did not suspect it.
I make it a habit not to change things. My son I suppose did that at some
time and forgot how he did it. These programs are much too complicated for
me. I would think that if the draw was doing something it would show as
running when the program starts. I am wrong again, as usual.
Thank you again.
Jeff.

"Dian D. Chapman, MVP" wrote:

Sounds like maybe someone turned on the grid lines?

To check, click View Toolbar Drawing to turn on the drawing
toolbar. Locate the Draw icon on it and click to see a menu. Choose
Grid and uncheck the option if that is turned on.

Otherwise...could be you'd loaded an image or something into the
default Normal.dot template. This TechTrax article will tell you more
about fixing that issue, if that appears to be the case...

Normal.dot Template-Explained

Good luck...

Dian D. Chapman, Technical Consultant
Microsoft MVP, MOS Certified
Editor/TechTrax Ezine

Free MS Tutorials: http://www.mousetrax.com/techtrax
Free Word eBook: http://www.mousetrax.com/books.html
Optimize your business docs: http://www.mousetrax.com/consulting
Learn VBA the easy way: http://www.mousetrax.com/techcourses.html

On Sun, 1 May 2005 10:40:02 -0700, "jeff"
wrote:

My sons laptop with Word for some reason now has documents starting with blue
lines like a piece notebook paper. They do not match font size and are
irritating to us all. How did they get started? How do I get rid of them?