Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
mrstink mrstink is offline

Default mail merge skips data from excel

I am creating a form for my classroom. I have an Excel sheet detailing
students' names, current points, point goal, reading accuracy, etc. I am
then merging this information onto a Word document that we call "graded paper
slips." These go home to parents detailing information from the spreadsheet
and other items that are static. There are 3 slips to 1 page

I completed the first slip easily. The 2nd slip is fine, as well, with next
record placed in front of each merge field. However, from there things get a
little crazy! The 3rd slip skips down to another student and his/her
information. The 4th slip skips more students and some of the information is
merged and the other fields contain "!Syntax Error,*" with the same field
codes copied and pasted frome the 2nd slip that was correct.

I am at my wits end!!!!! There has got to be a way to do this! Please
help!!!!