If the gray lines that look like table gridlines are actually borders (as
would appear to be the case), then it's just a matter of selectively applied
borders, some gray, some black, in various weights. I guess what you
referring to as "spaces" would be just empty rows with no side borders
(except for the heavy black one). Although the table appears to have two
(sometimes three) columns, the space between the heavy black line and the
lighter gray line is an empty column.

"Bobby28" wrote in message
I have Word 2002. I am trying to create a table JUST like this.
http://resume.monster.com/samples/williamson1/

I have tried inserting tables. However the tables have spaces, and the is
also a vertical black line running through all tables. Thanks for the

help.