Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

Default Sort alpha in 1 column with gaps?

Well, if you look at the examples he gives...

"Graham Mayor" wrote in message
That crystal ball again?

Suzanne S. Barnhill wrote:
Think of it as a fruit machine ("slot machine" Stateside). He's got
columns with letters A-Z, and he wants to sort each column separately
so that it is in alpha order, but some of the columns have gaps
between letters, and those have to be placed where they belong (not
rise to the top) in order to keep the B with the other B's, etc. The
only solution I can think of would be to actually insert the
appropriate letter and format it as white or possibly Hidden.

"Graham Mayor" wrote in message
It must be the heat? Something is causing correspondents to write
gibberish this morning.
Can you explain in English what it is you are trying to do?

k1ngy wrote:
How do i sort a-z column 2 only. I can do it if i have a, b, c, d
mixed in column 2 but not if there are gaps, i have shown example
below
Any help,
Thanks
A A A A