Default Long Documents In Word with large graphics files

Hello Anne Troy,

Thank you for your response. I have several digital cameras and
scanning devices, along with several software packages to handle image
files and sizes. I am not concerned with the images; in fact, the
images are the best part of my reports.

I am really trying to figure the best way to create and handle large
Word documents with Excel spreadsheets, lots of JPG images files,
occasionally HTML files and anything else that needs to be shown and
explained in these reports.

Anne Troy wrote:
It sounds to me like you might be using a camera that produces huge images.
Try reducing the file sizes of your images BEFORE you place them into Word.
A program like www.irfanview.com has a batch converter that'll compress your
images for you. I can't respond about the rest...Word simply isn't quite
that intelligent, though some VBA could be written that would, for
instance...on print of your document, print the rest of the items in a given
folder.
************
Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com

wrote in message
ps.com...
I am seeking your opinion and direction. I just lost part of a very
large word document; over 1 GB in size. I sometimes drive thousands of
miles to research something. I scan all documents, photograph
documents and the location; then insert the JPG image files into a Word
document, where the JPG image files are explained, questions asked, and
assumptions made.

There can many chapters of 500 MB file size; some chapters might be as
small as 50 MB, or maybe 25 MB.

I regularly study several subjects (books) at one time; each book with
many chapters. Occasionally, a chapter in one book needs to be added
to another book. Considering each chapters'' size, and considering
the books overall size, how should I write and store these documents to
make the possibility of file loose and corruption to a minimum?

In another project, I collect HTML, txt, JPG, PDF and other file types
that I would like to put them into a Word "book" with references and
notes. Is there a way to call the file to be printed from word, and
allow the header and footer to be on each page printed on the "Called
Files?"

Can the "Called Files" be an "exhibit" in Word; where the printing
format selected by the originator be maintained?

Thanks.

Thanks