Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Wildcard "special" searches

On Jul 30, 3:19*pm, "Peter T. Daniels" wrote:

And Ctrl-Shift-T still brings up a box saying that if I want to add a
digital signature, blah-di-blah-di-blah. (I've never had trouble
assigning a shortcut before! The default assignment for Ctrl-Shift-T
is "Unhang," something I have no use for, not "digital signature"!)

Maybe Ctrl-Alt-T will do it ...

D'oh! I failed to notice that when you click "Customize" to add a
shortcut, it doesn't open to the item that's selected in the list
above, but to the first item in the first list of commands, viz.,
AddDigitalSignature!

And when I tested the new shortcut, I learned that if the period is
already before the next footnote, it'll grab the first letter of the
next sentence. Not really ideal. Takes two Undo's to set it right.