Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Is there a keyboard shortcut for turning on italics?

Glad I could help. I often have occasion to refer to the "Keyboard
shortcuts" Help topic; as Stefan points out, if you know the command you
need a shortcut for, you can find it through Tools | Customize | Keyboard,
but the Help topic can make you aware of shortcuts for commands you didn't
know existed!

"DainBramage007" wrote in message
Suzanne,
Thank you for YOUR succinct, yet thorough answer. The other responses
answered my question, but YOU gave examples of other commonly needed
shortcuts, as well as a pointer to how to get more information (& the tip

of
a needed iceberg of related subjects).

Although I needed italic keyboard shortcuts, you went one step further and
sensed it was not the ONLY thing I needed shortcuts for, and your answer,
although brief, gave me the PERFECT response. Even if I only wanted the
italics question answered, your answer was short enough not to bog the

answer
down.

Thanks again. You've made a good impression on someone who's surrounded by
Micro$oft bashers. This is my first Discussion Group post and now I've got

positive boost in a negative environment! Way to go! The tech world needs

LOT more problem-solvers/educators with your mindset.
Jay (a long-time Indiana techie with sparse Word experience)

Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Ctrl+I toggles italics on and off. Ctrl+B for bold, Ctrl+U for

underline,
etc. For others, see the "Keyboard shortcuts" Help topic.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"DainBramage007" wrote in

message
I am needing to turn italics on and off multiple times while keying in

large
amounts of text. I need Word keyboard shortcuts so that I need not

position
my mouse over the Italics icon many times.