Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Tom Tom is offline

Default "anchor symbol"-how to get rid of

1) I simply want to totally REMOVE the "anchor character" as it's causing
serious formatting issues in how the pages are to be layed out.
2) It doesn't print but I can see it on the far left. Again, I just need to
remove it.
3) I have removed ALL graphics in the document but it would appear from the
time I attempt to delete it that it 'reappears' which gives me the impression
that I'm not doing something right (this sentence may not be totally correct
as I did the work yesterday and I've tried several things!). Whenever I
select the paragraph symbol at the top far left of page 1 it highlights a
'thin' column which includes the "anchor character" about 2/3rds down page 1.
4) I don't understand the "In Line in Text" comment....
Again, TIA!!

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

As grammatim states, the anchor is beside the paragraph to which some
floating object is anchored. The anchor will not print. If you don't want
the object floating (wrapped), you can select the object in question and
format it as In Line With Text.

http://word.mvps.org

"Tom" wrote in message
Windows XP Pro SP3
Word 2003 SP3/Office 2003 SP3
I scanned in a document w/ OmniPage15 and saved the document into a *.doc
format. Now, I have an "anchor symbol" on the far left side of the
page(s)
and I have absolutely NO idea on how to remove the symbol. When I've
copied/pasted some portions of the document I don't get the "anchor
symbol"
nor the shaded background. The document is only black text and white
background - no color. I can see the paragraph symbol at the very top
left
of the first page which can be relocated via the mouse when I move the
left
margins. But I just need to remove the "anchor symbol". FWIW, the anchor
symbol appears about 2/3rds down the left side of the page...left of the
left-margin on the actual text.
So, how DO I remove the "anchor symbol" from the page(s)????
Thanks!!
PS: MS Word Help didn't seem to give any help here!