Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
John McGhie [MVP - Word and Word Macintosh]

Default Auto Text Entries in Protected Forms

Steve:

Check their Macro Security settings. Chances are the new workstations are
set to the default "High" which is not enabling your macro to run.

Also check that those copies of Word have the network location set as their
"User templates" location, and or the location of your add-in set as the
"Workgroup templates" location.

I suggest this is a "macro silently disabled by macro security" problem,
which is more intrusive in Word 2003 than it is in Word 2002 or Word 2000.

But I'm guessing :-)

On 3/3/06 5:51 AM, in article
, "Steve Zuelke"
wrote:

Pewrhaps I wasn't clear. Each user has a specific network "folder" in which
an individual copy of normal.dot is stored. Their User Templates are mapped
to this drive and location. Joe Smith, Jane Doe, John Public each have a
copy of normal.dot that no one else accesses or customizes. They do not
share auto text entries, each develop their own suited to their writing style.

When in a form field, typically, they start typing the shorthand entry, when
the autotext prompt displays they hit enter and the text populates.

We came to the individualized normal.dot template in a proprietary user
folder when we encountered problems with using a template file. Too many
users were unfamiliar with the process of building and saving such a file, we
took advantage of the automatic save to Normal.dot when Word shuts down.

This is only affecting three users that were switched among work stations.
As far as I can tell, this seems to be a versions issue, but as they
upgraded, I'm perplexed as to why a higher generation would be having
problems with a lower generation.

I appreciate your input.

me unless I ask you to.

John McGhie
Microsoft MVP, Word and Word for Macintosh. Consultant Technical Writer
Sydney, Australia +61 (0) 4 1209 1410