Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

Default can phrases be automatically be typed in?

A little Frustrated wrote:
I miss the autotext replacement in 2003
WHAT REPLACES IT?

In word 2007 Quick Parts, the building blocks do work as I type, IF I
am inserting long sentences. But I can't get it to replace as I
type. I used to insert common phrases all the time. Now, I can't.
Does it recognize one and two word phrases and can it automatically
type them in? Am I putting it in the wrong place?

The "AutoCompletion" feature that pops up a tag and lets you press Enter is
not available in Word 2007, but you can still type the phrase and press F3
to insert the AutoText entry.

An alternative is to use AutoCorrect instead of AutoText.

Everyone hopes that AutoComplete will return at some point. Its absence is
certainly one of the two or three most frequent complaints about Word 2007,
and the Microsoft team is well aware of that.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman