Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Default Paragraph Settings 2003 v 2007

In Word 2003, there's a Default... button in the Compatibility Options.

"Sue C" wrote in message
news
Next question, same subject ...

How do I set this as a default setting rather than have to change it for
each document. As it comes under Word Options I would have expected it to
default automatically, but it doesn't.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

In 2003 this effect would be the result of failing to set the

Compatibility
Option for "Don't use HTML paragraph auto spacing." Look for a similar
setting in Word 2007. The result of HTML auto spacing is that the

greater of
Before and After is used rather than the sum.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"Sue C" wrote in message
I've noticed that paragraph settings seem to work differently in the

2007
version. I use a 6pt before and 6pt after setting for my paragraphs

as
standard. In documents created in the 2003 version this gives the

appearance
of a full line gap between paragraphs. However, in the 2007 version

the
line
between paragraphs is only half-height.

Has anyone else experienced this, or am I missing another setting

somewhere?

It's going to be a right pain if I have to remember to use 12pt before

and
after on new documents, but keep 6pt on old documents.

Thanks.