Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

Default Can Autofit Work in Footer with Same as Previous

Try setting the table width to 100% and see if that works any better. Be
aware, though, that it may cause the entire document to "shimmer" as Word
keeps recalculating.

http://word.mvps.org

"CoastalDaze" wrote in message
I have a document that has a single row, three column, table in the footer.
The table row contains the document title, Revision number, and Page
count.
I am using Word 2007.

I would like to be able to change the Revision number on the first page
and
have that flow throughout the footer of the entire document. I would also
like for the table row to expand and contract to the margins if the page
layout goes from Portrait to Landscape and back again.

I was thinking that if the table /columns were set to a percentage and all
footer sections were set to Same As Previous, that I would get what I want
but it is not working.

With Same as Previous set throughout, when a section goes landscape the
footer stays at portrait width. If I click on a landscape page and select
Auto fit to window the table expands out to the margin but then the
portrait
pages are affected.

I can get what I want by breaking the Same as Previous link and
referencing
to a bookmark on the first page but seems like I have read that this
should
work.

--
People may forget what you say,
they rarely forget how you made them feel.

Thanks,
Dazed