Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Kimberley Fudurich Kimberley Fudurich is offline

Default Create error msg based on calculation result in formfield using VBA

I have a protected Word 03 form with a 2 column table in it (A1:B8).
In the table are 3 manual entry textbox fields that you can enter
dollar amounts into (B1, B2 & B3), and the remaining 5 fields (B4, B5,
B6, B7 & B8) have formula calculations. B4 is the sum of B2+B3. B5 is
a percentage ratio of B1/B4.

Basically what I'm trying to do is pop up an error message when B4
(the sum of B2+B3) is less than the dollar amount entered into B1. Or
another way of writing it is if B5 is greater than 100%, I need the
error message to pop up. Sometimes my code works, sometimes not, and
I've written many different ways, spending many different days (&
nights), but to no avail. I've tried declaring the variables as
currency, integer & string, but I'm just missing something with my
programming inexperience. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Sub Main()
Dim oFld As FormFields
Dim strNum As String
Set oFld = ActiveDocument.FormFields
strNum = oFld("Text36").Result
strNum = oFld("Text39").Result

If oFld ("Text36").Result oFld("Text39").Result Then
MsgBox "CELL B1 EXCEEDS CELL B4" & vbCrLf & "Use Alternate
Calculation"
End If
End Sub