Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
James

Default Merging data with INSERTTEXT and MERGEFIELDs

Hi,

Well, I have taken your advice and abandonned trying to import the text
boxes into the header with mergefields, but instead have put them in the
first line of the main document.

To ensure the letter text remains where it should be, I have grouped the
text boxes and wrapped the top and bottom with a top padding of 5cm and a
bottom of 1cm. This seems to lay it out nicely.

Thanks for your help and knowledge.

Just a quick summary for anyone reading this and wondering:

- Text boxes will loose there mergefields, if included into a header. No way
around it.
- To have a similar effect you can group the boxes at the top of the main
document with wrapping to exclude text