Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default How do I prevent Word from adding target="_BLANK" to half my l

Hi Barbara,

Where are you looking at the source of these pages?
Word 200 didn't have a built in 'filtered' version of Web documents, it used an Office 2000 add-in/utility to achieve that.

If you're looking at the document in Word use Alt+F9 to toggle the field codes and edit them there. The target="_blank" portion is
valid HTML.

How a new page in a web browser opens or reuses the existing instance can depend on the browser settings of the person visiting the
web page

=============
"Barbara" wrote in message ...
Thanks for your answer, Robert. If I understand you correctly, it is simply
unpredictable whether Word 2000 is going to set a link to open in a new
window. And there is no way of knowing by looking at settings in Word (either
2000 or 2003). In the case of these four documents, I surely created all four
hyperlinks in the same way as each other. Probably it was with the icon in
the toolbar. Well, I find it somewhat annoying that Word randomly decides
whether a link is supposed to open in a new window or not. But I guess it is
what it is. Thanks again.
--
Barbara Hill
--