Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
SusanG SusanG is offline

Default Problem with Skipping Records in Mail Merge

OK, so this file DOESN'T need a Next Record field, in the Directory mode.
Although I still think there's a bug, because I tried that twice (deleting
the field from the merge document a few times) and still reproduced the
error. Then I used Excel and Word 2003. Still happened, with and without a
Next Record field.
Went back to a blank slate, in Excel and Word 2007, starting from scratch,
new datafile, everything, leaving out a Next Record file instead of deleting
it, and finally, finally got the correct output file.
Susan