Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Word 2007 TOC won't keep Modify style

I'm not sure how this works in Word 2007, but in earlier versions, if you
selected any TOC "format" other than "From template," the TOC styles defined
in the "format" override any changes you make.

"bretsharon" wrote in message
On Word 2007, TOC keeps using font size 10, despite changing to 12 in the
styles drop down. in TOC 3 it uses italics, despite my modification.
Note
that when I use the reference/insert/TOC it shows the 3rd level italics
and I
can't get TOC to keep my changes. The body of the text is in is proper.
Its
the TOC I can't get to stay size 12