Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Reitanos Reitanos is offline

Default How do I put prewritten (by me) sentences into a text/file inWord

If you're using Word 2007, you can semi-fake the missing AutoText
feature by using AutoCorrect with some custom bits of text.
Go to Office Button/Word Options/Proofing/AutoCorrect Options
Add an acronym or keyword (that doesn't mean something else) to the
Replace field, eg "tbccld" (I'm pretending that t = test followed by a
grade, c = class followed by a grade, and l = lab followed by a grade)
and add the text to the With field, eg, "Did well on all tests, class
participation was good, but lab work was inconsistent." - you can make
any scheme you'd like to make up your replace word, but be careful not
to use a REAL word or you will not be able to type that word without
it being replaced. After doing this I can type the tbccld text into a
document and it will be replaced by my with string.
Not as good as AutoText, but it works.

On Aug 5, 8:31*pm, unearthly3000
wrote:
I have windows XP. I often write out critiques for students so I tend to
write the same sentences over and over again. I heard you can type a
sentence--for example, "You need a stronger thesis"--and have it
automatically pop up in a box so all you have to do is click it instead of
typing the entire sentence over again everytime. How do I put such sentences
stored into my system for use? I can't find anything in Help probably because
Microsoft does not take into account that many new users will not know what
something like this is called by its technical name. Any help would be great.
Thank you.