Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Word vs. PowerPoint

The one advantage I can see of the Notes is that you will see only the notes
for the slide you are currently showing. Alternatively, you can print out a
notes page that has a thumbnail of your slide along with the speaker notes
and use that as hard copy.

http://word.mvps.org

"Peter T. Daniels" wrote in message
I'm giving a lecture next month, only my third with a PowerPoint
presentation -- and only the first that'll have an audience of more
than about 10, so I'll be writing it out fully in advance. And with
the new Windows 7 laptop (yay!), I can even take advantage of the dual-
monitor thing and have the slide show on the projector and a working
view on the computer.

Does anyone know of arguments for or against using the Notes function
in PowerPoint to contain my entire text, vs. simply writing it in a
word processor the usual way and printing it out?

(I am assuming that I can write it in Word and paste it into PP's
Notes frame slide by slide.)