Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Word vs. PowerPoint

At the risk of turning this thread into a composition class, I find I
don't do well by starting with an outline. If I just wait around,
eventually the opening sentence comes to me and then the rest of it
all follows, point from point -- and I can often then go back and
insert headings and subheadings. For this talk I have a very disparate
group of topics and making the slides for each thing I want to mention
leads me to know what is to be said about each one -- and then I can
put them into a better order. This is an hour-long Plenary Address,
which translates to 45-50 min. of talking, which translates to as much
as 6000 words.

On Jan 22, 11:19*am, "Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:
I've never tried the technique of creating on outline in Word and then
importing it into PPT to create slides, and that's not the issue you're
dealing with, anyway, so it's irrelevant, but it's one feature to remember.