Robert M. Franz (RMF)

Default Can't hide my graphics?

Hi Gary

Gary Burton wrote:
This probably works with drawing objects. I have very few of them. I
mostly have pictures (bitmaps). I tried it with my bitmaps and they printed
anyway. Is there a way to avoit printing bitmaps?

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message

If they're In Line With Text, you *can* format them as Hidden. If they're
wrapped, just deselect "Drawing objects" on the Print tab of Tools |
Options.

Word doesn't really care whether you have a BMP, TIFF, WMF, etc.:

- it either has the "picture" in the text layer, then it's an inline
shape. This means Word treats the picture like a big character, and as
such you _can_ apply the "hidden" character property to it.

- or the "picture" is in the drawing layer, possibly above or below the
actual text. Then these drawing objects should print depending on the
setting that Suzanne mentions.

From what we know of your case, you'll probably want them inline
(beceause you don't really profit from beeing able to flow the body text
around the picture, anyway, so go the simple path). If you have Word
2003 and maybe 2002, you can even set the default type for pictures that
you bring into Word to InlineShapes.

Greetinx
Robert
--