S_Motzkeit S_Motzkeit is offline
Junior Member

Default Protecting specific elements of a word document

We use word doucments for our technical specifications for the manufacture of components. These documents are stored in AutoDesk Vault and are attached to the relevant component file structure. The documents are normal text with some illustrations.

To simplify matters we have created some document property fields (for example Part Number, Part Name, Checked by, Approved by and so on. These fields are written to by Vault and and can be updated as necessary by changing the property value in Vault and actualisng the document. Clear so far I hope.

I want to be able to protect these fields as, unfortunately some collegues are in the habit of simply writing over them. Our system managers are then very frustrated and I am annoyed as I hve to keep repairing them. I under stand the methods of protecting sections but in this case I only want to protect the fields as they are sometimes distributed over several pages. The author of the specification must be able to enter other text as required.