Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Jena_Rose Jena_Rose is offline

Default Mail merge converts text to numbers

I have an Excel spreadsheet that contains numbers (for identification
purposes) with the column formatted as Text. When I use Mail Merge to import
the data, along with the other columns, the column's data comes in as
numbers, and does not import the data in the field. I have a workaround that
if I add two empty rows to the top of the spreadsheet, the data will then
import properly, but I'd like to fix this . Can anyone help? Thanks...