Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Default Extract text from a picture

To convert a picture containing text to editable text you need OCR software.
If the picture is in TIF format you can use Microsoft Office Document
Imaging which is included with recent versions of Office (certainly 2003 &
2007) but not installed by default.

"Jim" wrote in message
I have a Word document that is made up of pictures of text and I want to
extract the text. I convert the document to a PDF file and then converted
it
back to both txt and rtf documents. The pictures were gone in the .txt
file
and were simply converted back to pictures in the .rtf document. The
original creator referred to a "text selection tool" to do this, but I
can't
find this tool anywhere and the original creator is not available to me.
Does anyone know of such a tool or some way to do this?

Thanks.
Jim