Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Big Dave Big Dave is offline

Default Putting frames into content controls forces extra paragraphs.

It's not easy to get the floating objects, in this case frames, into a CC.

I found that if you insert a frame into a document, select the frame then
insert a CC, the CC goes _inside_ the frame.
If you select the paragraph the frame is attached to and insert a CC, the CC
goes in _before_ the paragraph and ouside the frame.
I have only found one way, and that is to select the paragraph before the
anchor and the paragraph the anchor is on and insert the CC. This works, but
when you then 'record' the CC into a Quick Part building block for later
insertion, of course those two paragraphs come with it everytime.

When you insert a frame, select it and record it into a building block, you
can insert that BB as many times as you like and they will all anchor to the
same paragraph.

So, I guess I need a way to apply a CC to the frame without needing to
include the two surrounding paragraphs.

Would love you if you had any ideas to help!

Thanks!

--
Big Dave

"Cindy M." wrote:

Hi ?B?QmlnIERhdmU=?=,

My problem is this: if I put a floating object like a logo in a content
control, the paragraph to which it is anchored becomes part of the CC - for
frames, two paragraphs become part of the control. Because of this, every
floating component I add would add one or two paragraph marks Does anyone
know a way to avoid this 'effect'?

Exactly how are you putting the frames (and floating objects) into the content
control? A frame definitely requires a paragraph to which it anchors... But
multiple anchors can be attached to a single paragraph mark.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)