Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Wildcard Search and Replace

I'm so glad to hear that it's fixed in W2007. I can't tell you how many
times I've forgotten about that little nuisance and had to undo, turn off
track changes, and redo the sort.

Pam

Tony Jollans wrote:
It is not corruption. It is a bug in versions of Word prior to 2007. The
order of replacement literals and found groups is not honoured when Track
Changes is in effect.

Perhaps so. It could be that the inherited document is corrupt, or maybe
there's an ADVANCE field or something such taking effect when a space is

[quoted text clipped - 27 lines]
anyone any idea what is going on here and how one can remedy this
peculiarity?