Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
P Fruin P Fruin is offline

Default How do I move my custom Word dictionary to another computer?

Jay,

I need this infomation too. But I'm using Word 2007 and your suggested link
pertains to an older version of Word. How does one get to
Tools/Options/Spelling and Grammar in the new GUI in Word 2007?

paul

"Jay Freedman" wrote:

Trantor wrote:
I am trying to move my custom Word dictionary to a new computer so I
will not have to retrain Word on my new laptop. How do I go about
doing that?

See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/General/FilesToBackup.htm, in the section
"Custom spelling dictionaries". Copy the document from the old computer and
drop it in the same folder on the new computer.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman