Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
macropod[_2_] macropod[_2_] is offline

Default Word 2007: word count wrong?

Hi Michael,

The difference may be due to the fact that the lower figure (which you also get via a NUMWORDS field) doesn't include words in
headers, footers, footnotes, endnotes, textboxes/shapes or hidden text, or shapes themselves. The higher figure may include all
those things.

--
Cheers
macropod

"Michael" wrote in message ...
Hello,

I have an issue with some .doc files when opening in Word 2007. In some
cases the word count in the status bar is different of the word count of the
"Word Count"- window (CTRL+SHIFT+G) or the word count in Word 2003

Example file: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=79595

Word 2007 (status bar) show 61019 words
Word 2007 (Word count window) show 61010 words
Word 2003 also show 61010 words

This issue I have not with all documents, but only with some files and it
seems that I have this problem only with .doc files but not with .docx files.

(installed version of word: 12.0.6514.5000 SP2)

Any ideas what this could be?

Regards,
Michael