Himmelswüst Himmelswüst is offline
Junior Member

[quote=Suzanne S. Barnhill;226764]Ctrl+A, Ctrl+9 should update all fields in the document body.

I too have the problem that, apparently, a caption has gone to Michael Jackson's house -- and that the next image is then numbered incorrectly. I've tried using Ctrl+A, Ctrl+9, but this resulted in a formatting change in my document (the body of the text is controlled by a style that uses 11 pt font, and using Ctrl+9 changes it to 12 pt).

I'm also using images inserted with the "in front of the text" wrapping as I don't understand how to use the inline wrapping and still place graphics the way I want to place them. However, that has not resulted in any general numbering problems -- nor has my using a frame (I'm assuming that's the name for the box that's inserted for self-generated drawings?) resulted in numbering problems.

It's only several graphics further on that "insert caption" inserts a caption with a wrong number, and I believe that I might already have inserted that caption before but that it somehow went away -- probably to Michael Jackson's house ...

I'd appreciate any helpful hints you might be able to give ...