Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Beth Melton Beth Melton is offline

Default TRIAL Home Office Student 2007

I concur with Suzanne. Even if it seems cheaper to convert the preinstalled
trial version in the end you get what you pay for and it may ultimately be
more than the cost of a retail version. For example you won't get support
from Microsoft. Support will be through the manufacture of the computer.
Typically if you didn't get an extended warranty then that means you have no
support. And if you lose your product key or need replacement media (well,
if you actually got your installation CDs in the first place) you may or may
not be able to obtain either from the manufacturer.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Beth Melton
Microsoft Office MVP

Coauthor of Word 2007 Inside Out:

Word FAQ: http://mvps.org/word
MVP FAQ site: http://mvps.org/

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
If you do decided to buy it, I would strongly recommend that you purchase
boxed retail version (either in a bricks-and-mortar store or through an
online or mail order vendor). If you use any of the electronic versions
(paying for the license key or ordering a download version), you will wind
up with no physical media (CDs or DVDs), which can prove awkward if you
need
to reinstall down the line.

so
all may benefit.

"patty8300" wrote in message
JoAnn,

I wasn't aware it was a TRAIL version until the comuter came. I purchased

it
from HSN on TV. It was a put-together package. When they explained it all
they failed to mention the TRIAL period. It's no biggie problem, I'll
just
pay for it. It's only my 2nd computer purchase in 8 years, and my first,

also
a Gateway, had everything on it, already. Not thru HSN but thru Gateway
direct.

Thanks for the response. Glad to know there really is help out there for
people like me.

Happy Saturday!
--
Mississippi Magnolia

"JoAnn Paules" wrote:

Why does it suck? It's like trying an outfit on. If you like it, you
buy

it.
If you needed Office, you should have explained that to the
salesperson.

I'm
sure they would have explained that it was not included and would cost
extra.

--
JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

~~~~~
How to ask a question
http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375

"patty8300" wrote in message
Man, that sucks! I guess I'll be notified when it runs out, so I can

PAY
for
it. Still haven't found out allll that it will do, but kinda getting

used
it. SO diff from WORD 2000 which is what I had with Windows ME.

thanks so much!!!
patty
--
Mississippi Magnolia

"garfield-n-odie [MVP]" wrote:

If you do not pay for it, then the software will go into Reduced
Functionality Mode at the end of the trial period, which means that

you
can use Office 2007 to open, view, and print existing Office 2007

files,
but you cannot create new Office 2007 files or modify existing
Office
2007 files. You cannot reinstall the trial software to extend the

trial
period. See http://us20.trymicrosoftoffice.com/faq.aspx for more
information.

patty8300 wrote:

I have a new computer. It has a TRIAL Home Office Student 2007

version
installed. WHAT will happen when my TRIAL runs out? I can't find
answers
anywhere!!!

I want to keep the Home Office Student 2007 version. Kinda grown
like it.
But if I don't PAY for the version, what will happen? Will I just

LOSE
alllll of my WORD?

I NEED SOME HELP HERE.