Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Default Font properties in an Outline Numbered list

Any text included in the number format, that is, typed in the "Number
format" box of the Customize Outline Numbered List dialog box, will have
the same formatting as the number, so I'm guessing the text you "place
beside the number" is something that you type in for each heading? If
so, you'll have to format it manually.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Zadok @ Port of Seattle" wrote in message
I would like Level 1 of my Outline Numbered list to be underlined,

including
the text I place beside the number, and the rest of the sub headings

to not
be underlined. I can get the increment value to have unerline, but the

text
is bare. This must be doable.
Thanks,
Zadok