Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Margaret Bartley

Default Where is the list of Access queries for MailMerge?

I have been using Access queries as the datasource for MailMerge for weeks,
now, and suddenly, it's broken.

When I go into step 3 of the MailMerge process, "Select recipients", and I'm
editing an existing list, and click on Browse, instead of getting the window
that asks if I want to connect to Access using ODBC or DDE, I get a dialog
box titled "Select Data Source", and the default is "My Data Sources".

The trouble with this dialog box is that it does not give me the option that
the previous list did, which is select whether I want to click the choices I
want to see, including Tables and /or Views. I want to select a query, but
I only get the list of Tables in this dialog box.

How do I use an Access query as my datasource for MailMerge?

(Using Word2003, and Access 2003)