Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
irritatedbygrpahics irritatedbygrpahics is offline

Default HATE Word 2007

Somebody please create a skin or a way to get rid of the new and more helpful
"ribbon". It is taking me five-times as long to create a document then
before. Don't give me new graphic images to learn.... I want a down and
dirty program where I set my preferences once and they are always there. The
old drop down menus were more efficient and took up less space. I don't need
pictures of where my page numbers are going to be! I don't need all the
predesigned margin combinations. I know the difference between the words
"left", "right", and "center", so please don't show me small screen shots of
how the numbers will look. Give me, the user, more control of what I want
done and how I want to do it and stop making things more "helpful". All the
little graphic images are more distracting, not more helpful. Trying to
LEARN what all the little imagea mean is like learning another language...I
don't have the time or desire to learn a new language. And after all the
improvements, I still cannot write mathematical formulas or problems without
the assistence of another program.

click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/office/comm....word.newusers