Lee McKnight

Yep. That FAQ reference allowed me to restore the "Symbols" entry in the
"Isert" menu.

Of course we now all wonder what in the world I did in order to lose the
"Symobls" entry in the menu in the first place.

Thank you,
Lee McKnight

"garfield-n-odie" wrote:

See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Customizat...oreMenuCmd.htm .

Lee McKnight wrote:

Last May I bought a copy of Microsoft Word 2002 which I installed in my
(then) brand new Dell laptop running Windows XP Home Edition. Everything
worked fine until recently when I needed to insert a symbol into a document.
When I pulled down the "Insert" window I was astonished to find that there
was no "Symbol..." line. I re-installed the software from the original disk
but still no "Symbol..." line in the "Insert" window. What do I need to do
to be able to insert symbols (specifically an em-dash and an accented 'a') in
my document?
Lee McKnight