JPh12 JPh12 is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan Blom[_3_] View Post
Do you have the option to "Automatically use suggestions from the spelling
checker" selected in the AutoCorrect dialog box? If so, try clearing the
option. (Since I don't use that option myself, I'm not sure if it can do
what you are describing, although it sounds like a possible culprit.)

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

JPh12 [/i][/color]
Thank you for following up. You're making a good point, but it's not so convenient to use the spell checker with automatic suggestions disabled since one has to go back to the text and make the correction by hand. The reason I use spell checker so much is because I rely on it to add accents (I write in French). As a result, my spell checking sessions last a long time and maybe this extensive use strains the software? Yet I'd be surprised to have found a bug.