Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Roderick O'Regan Roderick O'Regan is offline

Default Captions in Word 2007.

Yes. It was very annoying. Couldn't do anything with captions.
Everything else was working OK on the Reference tab.

As I had said in a previous message in the thread, I was waiting for
Microsoft Support to contact me. They did and using their EasyAssist
desktop management program they found that my Normal.dotx was the
culprit.

They removed it and then opened Word again to regenerate a new Normal.
Tried the Insert Caption button and...problem solved! It now works OK.

As I don't keep anything in Normal it was no bother to have a new one.

On Tue, 15 Jul 2008 10:30:00 +0200, "Stefan Blom"
wrote:

Oh, I didn't realize you were having the problem with new captions as well.
Does it happen in a particular document only?