Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
New Thought[_2_] New Thought[_2_] is offline

Default contacting the server for information

(I thought I would reply directly to you to attempt to notify someone on this
thread)

FYI - I tried cutting and pasting the entire MS Word document from the
problem file into a new one and saving it - "contacting server" message
disappeared.

I kept the source formatting, and it worked on several documents for me. I
am using XP SP2 and MS Office 2007 SP 2.

Give it a go.

"Jason" wrote:

I think I only started to experience this problem after installing SP1 for
Word 2007.

And after I have hit paste, Word never comes back from the "contacting
server .." status message. I have to kill it.

Pasting as unformatted text is no good, because it omits images.

Does Microsoft have bugzilla or jira or *anything* where bugs such as this
can be reported and we can see what they are doing about them?

In the meantime, I am pasting into OpenOffice. Grrrr....

.. Jason