Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Sarah

Default merge letter with drop down form field

Hello -

I need to create a merge letter that includes a drop down form field. The
merge letter is a pretty typical one and I do not have trouble setting it up,
except that there is one item that needs to be included in the letter that
has 3 possible fill-ins. This is a sentence that needs to be worded exactly
the same way each time it is used. I would like to add this as a drop down
field to my merge letter in either the letter itself or, preferably, the data
source. I'm encountering two problems:

1. Each of the three sentence options are longer than the drop down form
field allows - I'm not sure what the character limitation is, but I'm running
into it.
2. When I set up the data source as a form, the data does not merge to my
letter correctly. Is it even possible for a merge letter to contain form
fields, or for the data source to contain form fields? If not, is there
another way to have a drop down list of options in a merge letter?

Thanks!