Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default 7 or Z symbol

But users don't have to read the whole dictionary to get to "zebra," either.
I don't think either of our articles has very clear pointers at the
beginning to indicate that there's "something completely different"
inconspicuously stuck in the middle, and there isn't any particular fanfare
when it does appear.

"Greg Maxey" wrote in message
Suzanne,

That is graceful and thorough reply. However, I don't agree and I think
that the OP's needs are efficiently addressed in both articles. After

all,
a very good dicitionary doesn't get around to mentioning a zebra until
pretty late in the game ;-).

--
Greg Maxey/Word MVP
See:

Suzanne S. Barnhill wrote:
After looking at both, I concede that neither one addresses the OP's
needs very efficiently. Neither of us gets around to mentioning
"other uses" for the EQ \o field until quite late in the article (and
of course neither of us mentions a hyphen specifically, though my
slashed zero might be a bit closer than your centerline composition).
Most of both articles is devoted to ways to box text or put lines
around it in various ways, though I had remembered mine as getting to
other apps a bit quicker. Perhaps what is needed is an article that
more directly addresses the idea of overstruck characters, with a
variety of examples.

It occurs to me belatedly that an even simpler application for a
struckthrough 7 or Z would be just to use Strikethrough formatting,
though none of these workarounds is a good substitute for using a
font that contains characters designed this way.

"Greg Maxey" wrote in message
Suzanne,

I concede that your article is very good, but I really don't see how
my explaination of overstriking one character with another could be
more direct.

If you have suggestions for improvement then I would like to hear
them.

--
Greg Maxey/Word MVP
See:
http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/word_tips.htm
For some helpful tips using Word.

Suzanne S. Barnhill wrote:
For an article more directly targeted to your requirements, see
http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/Overbar.htm

"LindaC" wrote in message
I have read your article thanks, but I still am not clear. I just
don't get it.

"Greg Maxey" wrote:

You can create them easily enough. See:

http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Banner_Text.htm

After you create the symbols you can save them as AutoText.

On Mar 20, 8:56 am, LindaC
wrote:
I am looking for the character 7 that has a line through it
(differentiate it from a 1) and also a Z with a horizontal line
through it. Anyone know where I can get these symbols? Thanks.