Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Darren Darren is offline

Default How to highlight Text, but only print text not highlight

Yeah, that's about the sum of it.

"Jezebel" wrote:

Back up a little. If I understand you rightly you have a templates that
contain two types of text: matter that must be retained, and matter that may
be removed. You want some way to distinguish these two types of text, and
currently you are experimenting -- without much success -- with using
highlighting for the purpose. Is that the idea?

"Darren" wrote in message
I am setting up a bunch of Templates. The Templates need to highlight
areas
that should not be removed due to regulatory requirements. So we want to
be
able to highlight to Users of the Template which sections or comments are
required for regulatory reasons and hence can't be removed and need more
thought\care.

We want to highlight them for editing, not when Printing.

"Jezebel" wrote:

There is no way to do this. What are you actually trying to achieve?

"Darren" wrote in message
I wish to highlight certain lines of text. When simply viewing or
editing
the document I wish to see the highlight to draw attention to the line
of
Text. But when I print I only want the Text to print (not the
highlight).

I can't find how to do this. I.e. I can format the Text and highlight
as
"hidden", but this obvioudly hides both the text and highlight on
Print.
still want the Text.

thanks
Darren