Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Erik Bo Sørensen Erik Bo Sørensen is offline

Default How to insert a new caption (Table) without changing Figures.

You probably has the "update automatically" setting turn on for the style you
are using for the captions.

Select the style in question, choose "modify", uncheck the "update
automatically"

--
Good Luck
Erik Bo

"Techie Writer" wrote:

In a Word 2004 document, I have inserted captions for Figures. When I insert
a caption for a Table, it changes all the "Figure" captions to "Table". If I
change one back to "Figure", it changes them all to "Figure" including the
one that was inserted as a "Table". Very frustrating!