Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
macropod

Default How do I create a Field Code for Currency with a separator charact

Hi Mary,

You can manually add the switch to the field. To do this with the REVNUM
field:
.. select the field
.. press Shift-F9 to expose the field code. It should look like { REVNUM }
.. add '\# $,0.00;($,0.00)' to the end of the code, so that you've got {
REVNUM \# $,0.00;($,0.00)}
.. press F9 to update the field.

Cheers

"Mary" wrote in message
I am in a table in Word and I am trying to format certain columns into
Currency with the "comma" for the seperator and a"$ sign" for the value.

tried to do it through Field Codes but there is not a currency code. Can

add one? If so. how? I tried to edit the REVNUM field code but I can

not
get the "comma" separator for thousands to show.

Can anyone help?
Thanks!