Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
challa prabhu challa prabhu is offline

Default Paste table from Excel to Word

Do the following:

1. Select two rows of 18 columns text - I enetered Mon on Column A to Column
18 Thu. in Microsoft Excel
2. Copied these two rows and Paste them in Microsoft Word.
3. Selected the table, and right-click and click Table Properties.
4. Click the Table Tab.
5. In the Measure in list, under Size, select Inches.
6. Enter any numeric value - for example enter 4 - In the Prefered Width box
and then select the Prefered Width check box.
7 Click OK.

Challa Prabhu

"Amy" wrote:

I'm using Office 2003. I want to copy part of my Excel spreadsheet and paste
it into Word so that it appears as a table. However it goes off the edge of
the page in Word. I have been trying to get it to all fit on the page by
altering column widths, but I can't select the final columns to alter them
because they are off the page. Is there any better way to fix this than just
changing to landscape? I don't want to copy the table as a picture because I
want to be able to format it and possibly adjust some of the data in Word.
Thanks.