Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Default VBA Code for updating e-mail merge

Hi Albert,

Regret for serious follow-up from me you'll have to wait a few days, but my
best guess is that the reason AutoOpen has not worked is because
a. you didn't include the line

Dim x As New EventClassModule
or
b. you created EventClassModule as an ordinary module rather than a Class
Module
or
c. the name in the "Dim" does not match the class module name
or
d. there is an error in the class module that prevents it from running. I
didn't copy the code straight out of my template so there could well be a
typo, or the usual problem with lines of VBA getting screwed up when you
copy from a message into the VB Editor.

Should I use "\" or "\\"

Use \ (single backslash)

If you want to be able to use the path for either an includetext approach or
this approach, you /may/ need to store double backslashes for the sake of
the INCLUDETEXT (although I think it works OK without when the path is
stored in the data source rather than as a literal string in the INCLUDETEXT
field) and process the file name in the VBA to remove the additional
backslashes.

Peter Jamieson
"Albert" wrote in message
Hi Peter.
Let me begin by thanking you for your help.
I followed your instructions with no problems. However, after I did the
changes and saved, I reopened the document and got an error message from
the
autoopen procedure.
Also, I included a column on my data table called "imagePath" including
the
path to the images I want to send. Should I use "\" or "\\" ?
Finally, I executed a test merge and it sent no picture at all, just the
original bookmark text.
What should I do?
Best Regards and thank you,
Albert