Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
airhockeycanada airhockeycanada is offline

Default Date Field

Suzanne,

This does not seem to help. What I have is a template created back in 2006.
I just recenlty added the Date field so that when the template is used the
user does not have to enter the date. However, when they save their document
I want that date to become fixed and no longer update with the date whenever
the document is opened for viewing in the future. For example, I type a doc
and save it today and the date will show Oct 22, 2007. One week from now I
need to view that letter so I open it. The date should show Oct 22, 2007 but,
instead is showing Oct 29, 2007. I do not want this to occur.

Am I offbase here?

--
S. Ross

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Insert a CREATEDATE field instead of a DATE field. See
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/TblsFldsFms/DateFields.htm.

"airhockeycanada" wrote in message
Good afternoon all.

I have set up a field in Word that displays today's date. I use the

template
to create a document and then save it. However, if I recall that document

view it in the future the date shows as the date it is viewed. I want it

remain static once the document is saved. Is there a way to do this other
than just typing in the date?
--
S. Ross