Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman

Default Is index creation part of Word?

The current version of Word can help you create an index. There's an article
about it at http://word.mvps.org/faqs/formatting/Createindex.htm.

I suspect your copy of Word, no matter how old it is, can also handle index
generation in the same way. Look in the Help for topics about the Index
field and the XE field.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Tommy Desperate wrote:
I have an old verson of Word. In the latest version of Word, is index
creation software part of the program? If not, are there index
programs that function with Word? I've written a long book that
requires an extensive index. Doing it line by line would turn my
hair gray.