Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
GAT_PRA_ENGR[_2_] GAT_PRA_ENGR[_2_] is offline

Default How do I insert a pdf file into a WORD file without converting

Thank you for the input. I seem to remember that in Office 97, you could copy
and paste a pdf file into a WORD file as an image. As you say, now I only get
a picture of the first page of the pdf file. The only way I was able to do
what I want to do is by copying and pasting one page at a time. There must be
a better way.

"Bob Buckland ?:-)" wrote:

Word does not have the ability to 'open' a PDF file. If you have Adobe Reader v7 or higher or Acrobat installed you can basically
get a 'picture' of the first page of a PDF file by using
Insert=Object=Create from File.

"GAT_PRA_ENGR" wrote in message
Office 2007, trying to insert a pdf file into a WORD file, but WORD wants to
convert it to WORD format or won't insert it at all.
--

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP